Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Not the best pictures. But at least its a post

I have no idea what we have been up to the last 2 weeks.  Tyler started school and a new job and so we are trying to figure out schedules, car sharing, and what the next 4 months is going to look like.

We did get to go visit Bridger at home before sickness hit again and we had to quarantine ourselves from him.  I don't know why Heidi was looking at me like that, but her eyes look HUGE and she almost looks terrified.  

The kids were glad that even though there is a new little bundle in Uncle Michaels life, he still has time for them.

Heidi insists on sitting on a big chair during meals.  She either has to stand or kneel because she isn't big enough.  This morning she insisted on reading the paper while she ate.  She new favorite words and phrases are -
"Come on." said urgently while pulling on your finger to make you follow her.
"I DID IT!" Usually said with both arms thrust in the air and a huge grin on her face, after stacking a block tower or doing something similarly cute.
"I DO!!" Also said with one or both arms thrown excitedly in the air while doing mini hops on her feet.    In response to a question like "who wants to go outside" "who wants a treat" or "who loves Daddy"
"Watch- Mommy" this has replaced "Why" in her vocabulary, and I am more than happy to watch her do anything instead or try to answer the why why whys.
She has also become quite the tattle tale, running to me in a fury with her entire face squished in on itself, telling me frantically that someone pushed her or stole her toy.  All she needs is a bit of validation and then it is all instantly fixed.
Archie and Alex hate it, but I can't help but laugh every time Heidi teases them.  She is very good at picking up on exactly what those two DON'T want to happen and then doing it.  Stealing a pivotal toy in the game.  Knocking down a tower.  I know it's on purpose because the second she takes the item she runs like the dickens in the opposite direction with a HUGE grin on her face. 
About a month ago Alex was obsessed with having long hair.  She would always tell people that she had long hair "Just like Mommy", and loved brushing it 'longer'.  Well a few weeks ago she became rather concerned that soon it would be too long and "get in the toilet while I'm going potty".  I told her she had a long time before she had to worry about that.  A few days ago I ran to the bathroom while she screamed frantically for me.  I opened the door only to have her tell me quite calmly that her hair had finally gotten too long and it needed to be cut.  
We have been trying to grow our some of her bangs and battling some crazy layer issues, so I jumped at the chance and had Kara do a cut before either of us lost our nerve.  This is a terrible picture, but she really does look cute and I am so happy that most of her hair is now the same length.  She seems to like the cut although was a bit sad that she couldn't play with her long locks in the bathtub anymore.  Kara chopped about 5 inches off!!!!!  I love it.  She reminds me of the little girl she was 2 years ago when we got her hair cut for the first time.  Hopefully she will let me do clips and bows this time around.

We are still waiting on snow here, but indoor life isn't half bad now that I've discovered the trick to motivating Alex into cleaning up.  In Joy school there is a character named the "Gunny Man" who comes and eats up all the leftover toys and keeps them in his tummy for a long time.  I made a Gunny girl with Alex's help and it's been a charm!!!!  Gunny girl mixed with a sticker chart has made Alex actually cleans up after herself willingly and quickly! More about that later.




No comments: