Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Years

New Years Eve turned out to be a pretty good day.  Alex and I cleaned the house while Tyler went to work.  In the afternoon we went up to Salt lake and Tyler watched the kids at the Museum of Art children area, while I went to my dearest friend Gwen's baby shower.
 Watching them walk away without me was a mixture of feelings.  While I dream of alone time, I always have such a hard time going off on my own because I want to be with those 3 cute ones.

The baby shower was great and it was wonderful to see Gwen and her family again.  I only wish she lived at least an hour closer!  On the drive back to rescue Tyler and the girls from the chaos of Temple Square I snapped this picture.  What a view!
 Michael and Danielle made the day by driving up to Salt Lake just to go to dinner with us and see the lights.  We went to this fantastic pizza place, which I can't remember the name of, and which has spoiled me on authentic Italian Pizza.  We got some gelato afterwards and chatted while Alex and Heidi both stole away and downed the cups of gelato bought to share.
 We made it back to Temple Square which was quite busy for being New Year's Eve and enjoyed the lights and the Christus statue and the Nativity.
 There was actually a line to go up and see the statue so we were going to skip out until Alex cried in her saddest voice "I just want to see Jesus!!!!"
 The long day had finally gotten to the kids and so we headed home and put them to bed.
Tyler and I fried some onion rings and shrimp, drank sparkling cider while watching Psych and then went to bed way before midnight.  By far the most fun we have had on a December 31st.

January 1st fell on a Sunday and so first thing in the morning we went to church.  This year I get to teach the 9-10 year olds about the Book of Mormon and I'm very excited.  Alex is a Sunbeam!!! I can't believe I have a kid in Primary, I feel so old.  Sunday was just a great day all over, a wonderful start to the new year.

January 2nd was another great day.  We started out shopping as a family (which we NEVER do) and it went really well.  Tyler got new pants, Alex got purple sheets for her bed and Tyler got me a really cool mini speaker for his Nook.  We went to the mall for lunch and then let the kids play at the play place there.  We then decided it was too nice a day to be indoors and took the kids to the park.  Everyone had a great time and was so happy.  I'm excited about the New Year, and happy that if it's not going to snow, at least it's warm enough to play outside.  I've got my list of goals and I'm set to stick to them.  Things are going well and we are happy.

No comments: