Sunday, January 8, 2012

Bridger Scott Asay

Friday night my Sister in law Danielle gave birth to a beautiful little boy!
Unfortunately there were a few minor complications and so when we got to visit on Saturday it was through a window.
The kids were VERY excited, and very disappointed that they couldn't hold him. 
Especially when they saw that the big people got to hold him.
 
What made the visit all the more fun was that Stephen had gotten a nice camera for Christmas!  He is a really good photographer and I'm really excited to be in family pictures.

There is something so sweet and special about newborns.  Especially when you are tired from a hard week of dealing with your 'not' newborn children.

It was a fun visit to the hospital.
Sunday Alex and I stole away after church and went to visit again.  

Bridger was allowed to be in Mom's room and Alex was THRILLED to be able to hold him.
I think everyone was.
When she wasn't holding Bridger, Alex was making Danielle give her rides up and down on the bed.

The poor little guy was still hooked up to all the wires and IV, just in case.
I'll have to say right now that I think the little man is a sweet mix of his two parents.  He came out beautiful and perfect and I'm going to try really hard to not visit more than once a day to hold him.
Alex didn't want to leave.  Having Michael, Danielle, Mommy and Bridger, with no Heidi to steal the attention, was a dream for her.
I'm so happy for these two.  What a cute family don't you think!

But this has to be my favorite picture of all.
When we left the hospital Alex asked if I would take a picture of her.
Her specific words were "Will you take a picture of me and my metal family?"
Before we went to the car she had to give them each a kiss and a hug.  

No comments: