Here is the before.
Alex would never let me do her hair. On the few occasions I got it in a ponytail or braids, she would beg for me to take them out or pull it out herself within an hour.
It was getting pretty long before we had Kara cut it.
Here is the adorable after!
It looks so good ALL the time now! It is never in her face, and it's still long enough I can pretend that she will let me braid or play with it someday. Thank you Kara! You are a miracle worker.
Sunday I decided everyone was going to look really nice for church. Then at the last minute I decided we were going to try and document it.
This is about as far as that got. I couldn't even get the kids to cooperate on their own. I don't know why I expected we might get a family picture.
This is as far as that got. But you can see how it had such potential to be a nice picture if I hadn't been yelling at Alex to get back here and smile for the camera.
Stephen came over for dinner which was nice. Heidi loves him to pieces and Alex has gone back to cautious indifference. Perhaps if he kills another pheasant she will warm back up.
Susan got a Wii for her birthday and a Zumba program for it. It's great exercise and a lot of fun. It also came with Super Mario Brothers though which has been good and bad. I never took myself for the type to become addicted to video games, but I'll admit there was a week there when we were all sick and laying around, that Tyler and I played enough to make our finger tips sore. I've since discovered that it's not fun playing it alone, and Tyler if far too good for me to do much but float in a bubble behind him. So I think that phase is about over. Every now and then he humors me with a coin battle on one of the easy levels after the kids are in bed. We sit and laugh and tease and forget about the kids, the bills and all the homework he should be doing. It's been fun.




No comments:
Post a Comment