I made Tyler fancy scrambled eggs as he was running out the door, late for school. I stuck candles in the eggs, but the heat of the eggs melted the candles and instead left us with a fire hazard and waxy eggs.
Alex and Heidi helped me do a pathetic job of decorating the house, the highlight being the portrait of Tyler I sketched up real fast.


This is my depiction of what I hope he looks like in 20 years.
Heidi's birthday gift to her father was the joy that came from seeing her first tiny little ponytail in her hair, and that she took 4 solid steps to him in his honor.

Tyler came home in the afternoon and got some time to relax and finish a book before he hung out with us girls. Tyler's Mom came and watched the kids while we went to see "Limitless". It was fun hanging out with Tyler, but the movie was awful, we should have left. We strolled around a bit afterwards and them came home to rescue Grandma.
That evening I had my cake decorating class and there was a parenting class at the church Tyler went to, so Grandma babysat once again for us (Thanks SO much!)
I fixed a fancy meal of Mac n' Cheese for the family before we all ran our separate ways, and I promised Tyler that the next day would be so much better.
Thursday we had the family birthday dinner celebration. Mashed Potatoes (Tyler's favorite) and Fried Chicken with plenty of peanut butter bars and cookies. I'd arranged a round of "How to host a murder" and assigned everyone their parts and directed them to dress up.
Everyone did a great job at their parts and it was a lot of fun. Ben definitely took the gold for his portrayal of a British actor. Kate was a world traveler, and Archie had special shoes.


Tyler was an archaeologist and I was a country lady and a crack shot at that. You might be able to tell by my face that I still wasn't feeling super great.


Devin was "The General" and Kara looked fantastic in her part as a wealthy aristocrat and ...... THE MURDERER!!!
Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of Michael and Danielle, who played their parts impeccably. "Hey, I don't know about you guys, but I have gun."
All in all it might not have been the best celebration of Tyler's birth ever, but it was a lot of fun and great to spend time with all the family.
A few weeks ago we stopped by the bakery outlet to buy some animal bread for the chickens. Tyler found that you could buy a whole rack for $8. It turns out that a rack of bread is enough to fill our entire car up.
It may not look like it, but this is what 100+ loaves of bread look like stacked in a shed. We later learned you can buy partial racks, or individual loaves. I think in 3 months when we run out of duck food, we will have to try it that way.


For my birthday Susan signed me up for a cake decorating class. It has been so much fun! I have learned a ton and already my cakes are looking semi professional, at least compared to what they used to look like. Alex has loved the endless supply of frosting that she has been in charge of licking off the beaters.

The weather has been crazy, as it usually is in March, but I think the warmth might have finally stuck. We just need to keep reminding ourselves that we would have killed for 35 degree weather to play in, 3 months ago.


No comments:
Post a Comment