Danielle is from Victoria (an island by Vancouver) and has been telling me for about 5 years how beautiful and wonderful it is there. She wanted to visit her family, and I'm always game for a road trip, so off we go!
We will be back in a week, hopefully with wonderful stories to tell and lots of great pictures.
I went to the doctor and got another x-ray yesterday. The great news is that I've been cleared to drive!!!! After an entire month stuck at the house I no longer have to depend on Tyler to take me everywhere. I've never been so happy to share a car. The yucky news is that I'm condemned to the boot for another 3 weeks, making my grand total just short of 2 months. blah. I did get a new boot though because the last one was literally falling apart. It was awful. The new one is a bit heavier, uglier and bulkier, but it was free and I can drive, so I don't care.
Our house looks strange these days. All the chairs are on their sides, either to prevent Heidi from climbing on and then standing on them, or to block of areas of the house she is not permitted to enter. This now includes the kitchen, the bathroom, our bedroom, and her bedroom. It's only a matter of time until she climbs out of the crib.
She can sense the bathroom door opening and make it from the kitchen to the toilet in .7 seconds. She has figured out how to open kitchen drawers and cupboards and loves to forage in the trash. Her bedroom has become a death trap, with all the child sized furniture easy to climb like steps. It's no longer safe to ask Alex to "hurry and close the door" because Heidi is faster at getting her fingers in the hinge than Alex is at closing. I have nightmares about children losing fingers.
The upside is that Heidi now has a minor interest in things on floor, and so fewer and fewer non-food item are making their way to her diapers.
Despite a month of sickness and injuries life has been good, we enjoyed watching LDS general conference, and have found that re listening to the talks without children around greatly helps connect the dots and find meaning in the great talks given. We have had some fun pancake dance party dinners, sunny days spent swinging, movie marathons and more often than anything else, book marathons (we recently discovered 'FableHaven' and can't put them down).
Well, by the time you read this Tyler, we will probably be in Canada, or there and back again. We love you SO MUCH and will miss you like CRAZY. You are the greatest husband I could have ever asked for and a fantastic father. Don't have too much fun without us, and try to miss us a bit, ok?! LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!

No comments:
Post a Comment