I can't believe a year ago we were blessed to welcome this little angel into our homes.

I thought that kid number 2 would end up being a clone of number 1, oh boy I was so wrong! Heidi has surprised and delighted us every single one of the 365 days we have been able to hold her. She is her own little person, stubborn, happy, and quite the tease.
She throws tantrums by throwing herself on the floor and knocking her head on the ground over and over.
If you look at he and smile, she can't help but return the grin at twice the size!
She adores Alex and her attention, but isn't afraid to pull hair and fight back.
She is our little shining star.
When Alex was born it changed Tyler and I, forced us to become better people. When Heidi was born it changed our entire family, brought us more joy than I thought was possible and continued to force us to become better versions of ourselves. Our lives would feel so empty without her!
At a year old she is walking everywhere. She will eat ANYTHING except apple sauce and peaches, the crazy kid prefers baby food peas and squash to pureed fruit! She is very independent and hates to be spoon fed.

Her favorite game is the "cup" game, or "spoon" game or "food" game, named after the particular item of the moment she purposefully drops so Alex will pick it up. It's hilarious because Alex falls for it every time and then eventually says "Mom, I don't want to play the spoon game with Heidi anymore." All the while Heidi sits there with a sly grin and a knowing eye, just waiting for you to hand her something else to throw.

She hates naps, loves mobiles, pretends to read books and is already great and cleaning up toys and putting books away.
I never thought being a Mom would be this hard, but I never dreamed it would be this wonderful and rewarding.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEIDI



No comments:
Post a Comment