I was fairly sure the world might stop turning unless I was there doing all the pushing.
The appointment went well, Susan took care of everything important and I came home and spent the weekend on the couch watching more T.V. than I think I have in the last 2 years, while my wonderful mother-in-law doctored me up. Susan, Kate and Tyler went above and beyond catering to my every whim and more importantly, watching the kids. Friday and Saturday were my wonderful mini vacation. I haven't been that relaxed in years.
By Sunday I was tired of being loopy from the pain medicine and sleeping all the time. I was also sick of eating applesauce and mashed potatoes, and if you can believe it, ice cream. I quit the pills but it still took 3 days after that until I got my body back and could walk down the hall without feeling tipsy. I suppose it was for the best though, I vaguely remember sitting on the couch in a mini coma on friday, feasting on ice cream and watching a chick flick thinking, "I see why people get addicted to pain killers, I just had 3 teeth ripped out of my face and I've never been happier."
So now, other than the weird hole in my gums that makes me feel like I've got a piece of popcorn stuck in my teeth, life is back to normal. As fun as the mini vacation was, I'm glad to be back and a part of the family again.
I do have to publicly thank Tyler. He was nothing short of super man for 5 days straight, taking care of me, a whiny toddler and a needy baby. Preparing and giving a lesson at church, doing homework, going to school and the grocery store multiple times. Doing breakfast, dinner and bed time routine for 2 kids all by himself and not going crazy. I think the greatest accomplishment of all was that he did such a great job that now it's over the kids like him more than they like me! Heidi and Tyler are like best friends and I'm the one feeling left out. A big thanks to Tyler, Susan, Kate and everyone who helped out so much. It wouldn't have been even close to a vacation without you!
No comments:
Post a Comment