Saturday, March 12, 2011

The New Entertainment

Heidi's new favorite toy is my boot. I know this because it's once pristine, matte black exterior has now been lovingly smeared with graham cracker paste. She loves pulling at the velcro, she loves poking my toes and more than anything, she loves sitting on it like a chair.

Alex on the other hand spent the entire last week talking about and acting concerned over Mommy's Owie in her mouth, the reason why Daddy had become the primary caregiver of awesomeness. She has gotten over her sympathy now and has been giving me lectures about being very careful and not getting hurt again. I have also been told many times that I am "All better, so take it off". Friday while eating dinner I caught her blowing on my boot (like she was trying to warm my foot up), she then asked "Does that feel better?" When I told her that "Yes, it does feel a little better" she announced her findings to the room and proceeded to keep blowing on the boot, hoping I think, to do what she perceived the doctors could not, and actually fix the problem.
I anticipate this boot/circumstance to be worth it's weight in hilarity before the week is up. Not to mention the wonderful life lesson we keep repeating to the kids. "Mommy (Aunt Kristen) was playing on the stairs, and now she has a broken foot. Do NOT play on the stairs, or you might get broken too."

But don't you worry about me. I am already able to walk around the house without crutches and pick Heidi up without much difficulty. I'm pretty sure I will be running marathons by the end of the month.

Today Alex was trying to help Heidi learn to walk. This was one of the most hilarious moments of my life. At one point Heidi was playing limp noodle on the floor while Alex strained to pull her to a sitting position by her arm while declaring "I'm going to set Heidi up like a Tent." This is at the moment my favorite Alex quote of all time.

Since I've been terrible at blogging the last month. So family, here are some pictures to recap the fun.

Trip to the duck pond.
The duck neighbors collect 'animal bread' and bring it out to sharewhenever they see us with our meager supply.
Alex seemed a bit stunned at first.
But she soon got the hang of throwing entire slices into the pond.
Heidi just wanted to eat her pile.
A new friend taught Alex how to fish with a stick and invisible line.
Then the swan showed up.
I finally caught Heidi with the goofy grin on her face.
What a doll.
My pitiful best attempt at capturing proof of her first tooth her the baby book.
Alex didn't seem to understand why I was trying so hard to take pictures of Heidi's teeth, when she was more than willing to show me her monster teeth.
A visit to Grandma Jakes with the cutest 2 year old boy alive.
Alex and her trusty sidekick.
Heidi's enjoying her favorite pastime. Pulling her socks off and eating them.
The dry ice butterbeer at Danielle's birthday party.
I don't know if Alex liked the sugary drink most, or the fancy glass.
Yay for Birthday Month!!!

Danielle's reaction to candles that refused to be extinguished. And my first attempt at a fancy layered cake (It had been cut before we put the candles in, I assure you it was a bit prettier beforehand.)

No comments: