Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Kristen's 26th Birthday

Friday March 18th, 2011, was Kristen's 26th Birthday.

The day was great. Tyler woke up early and prepared the BEST French Toast I have ever had in my life.
Homemade syrup, strawberry puree, and gobs of whipped cream. It was so good he made it for breakfast the next 3 days after that too. And I still crave it.
After Breakfast we went and bought a few chickens from a neighbor for Tyler's birthday (in 2 weeks), and then spent the morning playing on the swing set while Tyler revamped the chicken coup a bit.
It was the perfect way to spend the day.
That night the Brady's got together to celebrate my birthday, I was pretty excited because things had been kept pretty hush hush and I love surprises.
After that party there was no doubt in my mind that I had married into the right family. It was the best birthday party I've had in 15 years.
I don't think I could choose a "favorite" part, so I'll just tell you about the whole thing! I was told that they tried to put all my favorite things together into one party, pictures, good food, ice cream, and games. The night started with PICTURES!!!
Kara, Devin and Kate had gathered all sorts of silly props and we all dressed up and snapped pictures in a homemade photobooth! It was amazing!
Susan, Pat, Ben and Tyler along with the girls helped cook the most delicious meal ever. A crispy chicken salad with roasted potatoes, complete with raspberry lemonade. I think I could eat that meal every night. I stuffed myself.
After dinner there were more pictures!
And then came the game!
Kate had organized an elaborate family version of "The Amazing Race" where all the questions centered around ME!
Team T double K was fierce competition. Mostly because I knew all the answers.
Team DKB had the better uniforms though.
My favorite picture of the night.

We raced all over the neighborhood, completing all sorts of fun challenges and answering questions. I laughed the entire time, I felt like a kid. It was great.
The night ended with delicious handmade shakes thanks to Devin, Kara and Ben. Then on Sunday I was presented with a scrapbook full of the fun pictures and wonderful notes from everyone. It's my new prized possession, It makes me feel like a million bucks, looking through the hilarious pictures and reading all the nice things everyone wrote about me.

I think I'd like a repeat of the night every week from now until forever.

No comments: