Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hide and Seek

Starting on Monday, Alex decided to start hiding things. She hid a bottle of milk, which was found 8 hours later in a ceramic pot. She loves dragging her new Johnny shoes (crocs) around, and so it is nearly impossible to find them when it is time to go out side. The other day after a 10 minute search, I found one under the fireplace, and one in the trash. That makes about 4 times this week I've had to fish a shoe out of the trash. Well, last night Tyler was looking everywhere for his phone. He finally resorted to calling it and wandering around the house. He was a bit surprised when he finally found it, in the kitchen garbage can. I am wondering if I need to fish through there and see what else she might have disposed of. On the good side, I think this might convince everyone to finally start picking their things off the floor... at risk of Alex throwing it away.

3 comments:

Aaron and Megan said...

That is funny. Molly loves throwing things away too so find myself checking the garbage before it ever gets taken out.

Thilltribe said...

That is a great stage to be at! how creative! We have a "Shoe Zoo" that corrals all of our pesky shoes a couple times a day and we have a zookeeper to make sure that happens regularly. What you might consider is a few more kids quickly to maybe keep her entertained ;). keep up the good work, Mom!

Tyson & Rebecca Sloan (Mr. Incredible & his sweetheart) said...

I love reading your blog I usually laugh and laugh! I assume some of your stories might not be as funny to you, but kids are great for laughs!!! Sorry I don't comment as often as I should.