I enjoy Grocery shopping. It's the one thing I look forward to every week. So I decided to try the coupon game. I never really bothered with coupons, figuring they wouldn't really add up. Oh I was so wrong.
One thing I hate buying is cereal. It is so expensive and I don't eat it for breakfast so I usually don't buy it (much to the chagrine of everyone else in the house who all inhale it). Today I went to the grocery store with coupons in hand and hit gold. My total for groceries for 2 weeks and 20 boxes of cereal ....... $65.10. Now you may be wondering how much money I saved through using coupons and in store sales?......... $64.68. I am particularly proud of this because I only bought stuff we use and eat so I really did save 65 bucks.
I tried this once before and my joy was overthrown by the fact I used random coupons on stuff we still haven't used and wasted 20 bucks on needless stuff even after the $30 savings. Yay Albertsons. Also, 20 boxes of cereal doesn't go as far as you might think, when trying to build a fort.
With all that money we saved, Tyler and i couldn't pass up the adorable camelback we saw at sportsmans wearhouse. It's just perfect for our outdoor adventures and now that Alex has her own, she might just start leaving Tyler's alone.
3 comments:
I have just starting couponing too!!! 2 resources I like are penchingpennies.com and beingfrugalisfabulous.com
I love the savings!!! With it we are working on food storage
working on a book as we speak. But not sure of the way I should go with it. I am aslo working on a book about a little pansy flower who is afraid and hides her beauty from everyone. Then, it is on to a book about interracial adoption ( achildren's book) that actually pertaions to the family dynamics my kids see everyday ie a white mom and dad but the have different skin colors. Love the couponiong. I stink at that but am proud of you!!!
Way to save! I love Albertson When they have thier sales. Love Alex's new pack.
Post a Comment