Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Vomit and Christmas gifts

Today I was very happy because Alex had been eating so well, and had been pretty happy all day. I was sitting down at the computer to write an email when I heard Alex choking behind me. I turned around and picked her up and started fishing in her mouth for whatever she had put in it. Not 2 seconds later she threw up all over my pants, then again all over the floor and then again into my hand which I had finally put up to catch it all. As I was sitting there stunned, trying to figure out what to do first, Alex excitedly reached out and grabbed a handful of her vomit and put it back in her mouth.

gross.

So before we left Utah after Thanksgiving, the Brady's had our family Christmas party a bit early so we could all be a part of it. It was a lot of fun and we got some GREAT gifts. My sister in law Natalie got me a flirty apron! I was very excited, I had been wanting one for at least a year now. I'll post a picture soon. We also got a dutch oven, but one for indoor use. This was also perfect because I had been pricing them at every single store I went to over the last 3 months. Tyler got this great book titled "Trauma Junkie: Memoirs of a flight nurse" which is pretty good so far. We got Monopoly and Alex got some great toys which she LOVES. Grandpa Brady made these jigsaw puzzle nativities that are just incredible. pictures later. I think my favorite gift was the juicer I got. So this summer when I was obsessed with finding the perfect lemon juice recipe, I tried a lot of different ways to juice a lemon. I ended up borrowing a juicer that Grandma Jake got for her wedding about 60 years ago. Well i finally returned it and Grandma said I could have it!!!! I don't think anyone will ever realise how much that meant to me. I can't even express the awesomeness of that gift, and I hope Grandma knows how unfathomably grateful I am.

2 comments:

natalie brady said...

Kids are so gross! Christian is having problems with his acid reflux, and he vomits a few times a day. The other day he vomited some fruit snacks that were half digested, and he kept some in his mouth, and hapily chewed them up and swallowed them again. It must be a Brady thing.
I'm glad you liked the apron! I want to see pics!

TJ and Stephanie said...

That is such a funny story! One time Toby threw up and I stuck my hand out to catch it, and it sprayed off my hand and hit EVERYTHING!!! hahaha Fun times. Leave me your email address so I can send you my address (I just feel a little weird posting it :) Leave my your address as well so if I do get around to our christmas cards I can send you one :)