Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pictures

So as I've mentioned, it is cold here. It hasn't been in the positive digits since Saturday and it's suppose to be like this all week. When you walk outside your boogers freeze in your nose and your skin just hurts! It's so dry as well that we are all chapped from head to toe and it's just awful! Since it's been so cold, the creek froze over. This means that the cows and horse have no way to get water. Tyler went out with a sledgehammer yesterday and clobbered the ice for a good 10 minutes until he had a hole big enough for the cows to drink from. He said that it was hard at first, until the hammer froze to him gloves so he didn't have to grip it anymore. At one point he broke through on the edge of his hole and so he had to quit early because he was wet and afraid of frostbite through his 3 pairs of gloves. Sorry Lindsey, not trying to scare you off!

I think I mentioned the fantastic and easy dutch oven bread that Kate and I made this summer. Well, now that I have a great, easy to use in the house, dutch oven of my own, I've been bread crazy. There is nothing like hot stew and hearty bread on a way below freezing day. If you are at all interested in making it, check out the link, it is soooooo easy and fantasic, no kneading at all. It practically makes itself. http://www.motherearthnews.com/Real-Food/2007-12-01/Easy-No-Knead-Dutch-Oven-Crusty-Bread.aspx




Here is a picture of me in my new apron with my fresh out of the oven crusty bread loaf. mmmmmmmmmm


This is one of my favorite pictures. Alexandria and Archie with their Great Grandparents. Now we know where Alex gets the "look" from!


Grandpa Brady in his new chair with his two newest grandchildren. All Alex wanted to do was grab Archie.



Grandpa and Alex reading her favorite mag... Loghome living.




Grandma and Alex sharing carrots.