At first it was adorable. She has gotten quite good at pulling herself up with the couch, and trying to crawl up the stairs, she is growing up so fast! Since then, it has become less than cute. Now that she has figured out how to stand in her crib, as soon as she wakes up briefly, she stands. The problem with this is she hasn't figured out how to sit back down. I normally ignore her for a little while and she will finish her naps, but now I have to go in and "save" her while she frantically screams because she is stuck. Everything I have read has said to either ignore her and she will figure it out, or to "teach" her how to sit. I can't quite figure out how to do this. Any idea's? What worked for you guys?
We tried putting this "sleep sack" on her to constrict her legs, didn't work. We lowered the crib as low as the mattress could go and she still somehow monkey's herself up. This is even more incredible, because she hasn't figured out how to sit yet. She can go from laying on her back to standing, but I have yet to see her work a sit in there. We finally used a mixture of lowered mattress, sleep sack and mittens on her hands. It is working until she figures out how to take the mittens off.
3 comments:
Toby was pretty good about lowering herself back down.... Sorry, I never had to deal with that one! At least she looks cute being a little stinker!!! :)
Even though it is a little frightening to her, she is sooo cute when she stands holding her crib. I miss you guys so much! I pictured you and Tyler standing and sitting down on the floor over and over trying to teach her how to sit... that probably isn't what the experts had in mind when they said 'teach her how'. Well, once you figure it out you can help me in 9 months with Archie! Love you!
It's a phase. Since standing is still so new and exciting, there isn't much you can do for a few weeks. I would continue to ignore her for at least a few minutes when she does it, so she has time to try and figure out what to do, and then when you go in, don't take her out, just help her lay back down so that she knows that it's not time to get up yet. It's only a matter of weeks before she'll figure out how to lay back down, but you have to ignore he and let her figure it out herself. When my boys first started learning how to stand in the crib, I thought it was then end of nap time, because it was such a pain to have to keep going in and put them back down, but I knew they still needed naps because I would find them falling asleep in all kinds of random places. So I started making them take naps again, and they still take naps.
Post a Comment