Thursday, December 4, 2008

What I Am Thankful For

While there are so many people and things that I could talk about in this post, I am going to focus on the one thing that I am the very most thankful for, especially this year.
I am so grateful for Tyler and the million little things he does for me every day. How he wakes up in the morning and gets Alexandria so I can hold on to those last fleeting moments of sleep. How gladly does all the little chores that I dislike and even makes them seem fun. I am thankful for the way he listens to what I have to say and knows when he should and shouldn't respond. I love the way he plays with Alex, and takes care of her. I simply adore the songs he sings, and look forward to bedtime every night so I can hear the newest verse to some strange song. I am grateful for the ever increasing number of daddy daughter days and dates that Tyler insists on, so I can get things done. I am thankful he willingly lets me finish his piece of cheesecake when he knows I want more, or eats the food on my plate so we aren’t wasteful. I am grateful that he is always the one to strap Alex down in the car seat, and get her out again, and then carry her around when we are out and about. He never complains about these things although I am sure they are annoying and tiresome. I love how our individual quirks melt together or completely contrast in such a harmonious way. I am grateful for how he still tries to throw me around and wrestle in the kitchen even though it hurts his back. I am so grateful that he worked so hard this summer to take care of us. I know it couldn’t have been easy to leave his new born baby and go camping for 6 months. I am grateful that he is so smart and driven and has the desire to work hard to provide for us. I couldn't imagine my life any other way, and am glad for such a hard working stud of a man. My heart is overflowing with these and so many other little things He does that I can not even put into words. Alexandria is lucky to have such a wonderful father and example in her life.

No comments: