When we left for church this morning at 9 am, it was -18 degrees (without windchill). Right now at 3:30 pm while I write this, it has warmed up to a balmy -6 degrees. Today when I tried to get Alex to take a nap in the mother's room at church, it was about 5 degrees (exaggeration, but not by much) in that room, not surprisingly I was the only mother there. It snowed all day yesterday and so there is snow everywhere. But the wind blew as well so it was the nasty dry cold snow that you don't want to play in. I'm pretty sure we will be having a white Christmas this year.
Yesterday Alex walked from me to Tyler, and then from me to the Christmas tree! It was only 4-5 steps either way, but we were excited. Alex is using everything she can to pull herself up to a stand and getting very brave when it comes to walking. Whenever I turn my back she has put something new into her mouth, and has also gotten very good at clenching her jaw and not letting me extract it.
When I became a mother I thought that all my adventures were at an end. I didn't realise that they were just changing form.
4 comments:
Oh boy I guess Utah isn't so bad! BRRRRR!
wow you sure know how to make a girl want to move from Cali to Montana!
yeah for walking, its like a christmas gift all in itself
Man I remember in Ephraim one year it got down to like negative 8 or something and every time you walk outside and took a breath your boogers would freeze in your nose! I can't even imagine what happens to your boogers! Good luck! If it make you feel any better it actually snowed today for like the first time! ya okay I know that didn't help haha! Love and miss you!
Post a Comment