Sunday, September 21, 2008

Lemonade and girls night



So this was going to be a "woe is me" post about how Tyler's boss decided they were going to stay in Oregon for another 20 days, and how we wouldn't have seen him for 34 in a row. But he just called and said some big wig in Idaho denied their crew's request and they are coming back on WEDNESDAY!!!!!!
In other good news, I finally came up with the PERFECT lemonade recipe. Most of you know that i have been experimenting for about 4 months trying to come up with the best lemonade. Finally I cheated and checked out a bottle of Winder Farms lemonade and did the math, converting grams of sugar per oz, and percentage of juice per bottle, into usable information. IT WORKED!!!! I am debating wether to share it or not, it was so much work to find...... Oh ALL RIGHT.
For a regular sized 2 quart pitcher you will need a tiny bit less than 1 cup of sugar, and 1 1/3 (i think) cups of fresh squeezed lemon juice. Boil the water and sugar, then let cool. add the lemon juice and some ice, and there you have it.

Friday and Saturday the Brady's had a girls night while the men had a camping trip. I think all the girls would have joined the boys, but Kate is 8 months pregnant, I've got a 6 month old, and there was only room in the car fo 6, not 8.
Sounds like the guys had a great time, saw some pictographs and hiked a dozen miles. The girls on the other hand had a super great time. We rented some movies, painted our toes and did scrubs and soaks and stuff (very girly).



We had a yummy dinner and then Kara did our hair. She spent 2 hours putting my hair into pincurls, but boy was it worth it!!!!!





Saturday we had a wonderful brekfast. We made waffles out of brownie batter and put icecream, fresh peaches and strawberries on top.



Then we drove to a craft fair and had plans to drive up the canyon and take pictures and have a picnic, but it rained and we were exhaused.


2 comments:

Aaron and Megan said...

You should go for a drive up Payson Canyon, it is so pretty right now. The hike to the Grotto is very easy, like I said in my blog it isn't much of hike at all. You can call me and I'll give you directions. It is worth it!

Anonymous said...

Do you remember that time I came to visit you in Provo and we tried to be all girly by doing facials and putting on fake nails and everything?! haha.. that was great.

mmm... brownie waffles sound amazing!! I'll have to try it sometime... yeah. my mouth just started salivating...