So I was in Montana. I drove up with my mom, long 10 hour trip in a jam packed car. The whole week I was there it rained and rained and rained. It was FREEZING, Alexandria actually wore clothes. None the less, it was fun. I got to see my grandmother and we took a 4 generation picture. I played some "heroscape" with David, apparently the next big thing in kids toys. I had some great conversations with my Mom and overall had a wonderful time.
Unfortunately Tyler arrived home right after I left, with no prospect of leaving for any fires soon. So we talked and after a LOT of thought and prayer, I decided that I needed to be with MY family. I felt terrible separating Tyler from Alex and having him miss out on so much of her life. It was a very hard decision because I really wanted to be with Mom and David, but I decided Tyler was worth it. So we took a gamble. Tyler was on call, and could have been sent out on a fire any minute, but Alex and I packed up the car, jumped in and drove 10 hours back to Provo, 5 days after arriving in Billings, to surprise Tyler.
He would have been surprised too! If I hadn't spoiled it by calling him in the moments after getting a speeding ticket in Idaho. If any one had ever deserved a speeding ticket, it was me, on that trip. I don't think I went anywhere near the speed limit that entire trip, I was so afraid Tyler would be called out before I got there. so right before Idaho Falls, the nicest police officer in the world pulled me over, going 88 mph in a 75 zone. My very first speeding ticket.
Interesting though, how 14 over is speeding in Idaho, and in Utah it's ' going with the flow of traffic'.
We got to see Tyler for 2.4 days before he left for California again. Worth the hassle, YES!!! For those of you who are having marital problems, and dwelling on all the little petty things. One of you needs to go fight wildfires for a season. Not only will this make you worry daily about the welfare of your spouse, it will...
1. help you realise all the million things you love about the other person
2. help you realise that the little things really don't matter AT ALL
3. help you realise what does matter
4. make the few days you do see that other person, super fantastic, even if all you do is sit around and stare at the baby.
3 comments:
Did you cry? Cuz that's gotten me out of 2 speeding tickets so far. Having the baby maybe helped(:
That's a bummer you got a ticket. It was crazy to run into you at the kite festival. We need to get together.
I am glad you got to see Tyler for awhile. All of us in Cali really appreciate the firefighters. A lot of our stake was at risk of losing their homes last month, but the firefighters were amazing and put them out before anyone could-so thanks for being willing to sacrifice your husband!
Post a Comment