It seems the question I've gotten the most in the last month is "What are you going to do when Kate moves?!" I would always answer "I DON'T KNOW!" She has been my sidekick and go to person for everything for the last 4 years and suddenly I'm left to my own devices!
![]() |
| You might notice the oreo in Alex's hand. I think in the last 3 years of family pictures our bribes have been visible in the picture. |
Tyler has started teaching at Salt Lake Community College. He is in charge of 7 Physiology labs and 2 Anatomy labs and loves it! The only downside is that his classes start at 7am, and so the poor guy wakes up at 5:30 so he can get to class on time!
![]() |
| obviously our bribes don't produce smiles, they just prevent wiggles. |
The good side of this schedule is that he is always home by 5 and sometimes earlier, plus he has no classes on Monday! Unfortunately that leaves me and the girls carless the rest of the week. If it weren't for our 'carriage' (the good old bike trailer) we would be stranded at home all the time.
Alex is starting Preschool next week! Her teacher is actually the same lady who taught Tyler's Kindergarten class 23ish years ago! She just retired from teaching Kindergarten and started a Preschool in her basement. We got to go check it out last week and WOW, even Heidi wants to go! She will be going twice a week for a few hours and the "school" is just 4 houses away! Plus the cute neighbor girl across the street is going as well so they can walk to school together!

Now that the garden has slowed down I'm trying to figure out what to do. De-cluttering is first on the list but such an impossible task! I'm also day dreaming about what to sew for Halloween costumes, The girls still fit in their princess costumes from last year, but I wan't to try something new and challenging. Even though Alex is dead set on being a princess again. gag.
We've been enjoying the nice weather with bike rides all over town and the kids have rediscovered their toys after our long absence. We have enjoyed the summer and are clinging to the last bits of it, but have started gearing up for all the changes that come with the Fall weather, and looking forward to a season of holidays and good food!





1 comment:
So we miss you. I miss you:(! Archie asks about every other day when Alex is coming over to play... Things are fine here, we are meeting people and there is always a park or a pool to go to. BUT we miss you guys and I keep telling myself that I will be up there in October, and there will be plenty of opportunities in the future for visits. Your pictures are great by the way! See you soon-ish!
Post a Comment