Reptile Gardens was Awsome!
We got to pet and walk around with this giant 100 year old turtle from the Galapagos Islands. What started off as excitement and running turned into trepidation once the girls were next to the giant.By the time the shutter clicked Heidi was 100 feet away.
There were lizards and gators, snakes and a bird show (which Alex LOVED and still talks about).
But the best part of the whole thing was the gator show.
Our "teacher" was hilarious and the whole thing was so entertaining. Alex was in awe the entire time.
Heidi even got up her courage and touched the baby croc.
We stayed a lot longer than we had planned at Reptile Gardens and so we ended up pulling into Flintstone Campgrounds when it was already dark and the kids were asleep. Tyler and I set up camp and deposited them in their bags only to have Alex wake up super excited at the prospect of camping. So we pulled out the laptop and found a few episodes of The Flintstones and giggled and cuddled and slept. In the morning the girls watched 'Signing time' while eating chocolate muffins in the car, while Mommy and Daddy packed up!
Our campsite midway through the reload.
After climbing into the front seat and blaring the horn to wake up the rest of the campground, Heidi ran around like a madwoman with her airplane until it was time to head out!

3 comments:
Fun trip! My family did this when I was a kid. I have fond memories of that gator show! the pictures of your little girl wandering around with that tourist brouchure (in that other post) at Mt. Rushmore got me laughing.
Fun trip! My family did this when I was a kid. I have fond memories of that gator show! the pictures of your little girl wandering around with that tourist brouchure (in that other post) at Mt. Rushmore got me laughing.
Fun trip! My family did this when I was a kid. I have fond memories of that gator show! the pictures of your little girl wandering around with that tourist brouchure (in that other post) at Mt. Rushmore got me laughing.
Post a Comment