Thursday, August 23, 2012

Cheyenne family vacation

The last stop on our whirlwind vacation was Cheyenne.  We had hoped to spend a few days, but by the time we got there we only had 1 day.
Grandma fed us like kings and took us to all our favorite parks where we got to explore and find new fun places.
We fed the geese and splashed in the water, read books, played and talked.  It was a lot of fun and so sad to leave!

This is a terrible copy, but we also finished up a 4 generation project that I'm pretty excited about.

Alex made us dinner and since Heidi doesn't like grapes I was force fed her share.
And then there were books of course, because Grandma is and excellent book reader!
On the drive home Tyler once again got to use his supercool Paramedic skills when we showed up a few minutes after a rollover occurred.  We were so far out from anywhere that it took awhile for the Ambulance to show up.  I snuck a picture just before we left.  The firetruck shut traffic down so they could fly in a helicopter and we got the Freeway to ourselves for an hour.

We arrived home in good time and without incident and are utterly vacationed out.  The girls and I have made the trip to Montana 3 times this summer and I think we have figured out the best way to do it.  The first 5 hours they get nothing but their hands and the window, after that they are so eager for outside stimulation that there is no way there are going to throw their toys or rip up a coloring book.  In these situations, less is so much more!

No comments: