Friday Tyler had the day off and so we went to Grandma Jakes to work on the garden. We had also found a replacement patio table on KSL and picked it up. The new table was cheaper, but came with an umbrella so it worked out. Tyler helped me apoxy the new table top to the old table, AND pull weeds. It was a great morning.
Grandma Jake paid Tyler a few dollars for doing a bunch of odd jobs around the house and so we took the girls straight to the fish store. Heidi and Alex are very excited about having their very own fish which are best friends, and the one I choose just harasses all the others.Saturday we spent the entire day outside in the yard, and that evening got together with all the Asay's and our cousin Alyson for a campfire, hotdogs and dutch oven apple crisp. Bridger is a great camper, and has an amazing complexion.
Heidi roasted a marshmallow, and then tried to ride the dog. She then put her marshmallow dog hair hands into her mouth. It was beyond disgusting.
If I had any aspirations to be a carrier woman, I would convince Alyson to be our live in Nanny. The girls love her, I think more than they love me. Every day Alex asks me if Alyson can come play, and then asks a million questions about going to college. I'm secretly hoping that Tyler and Alyson go to the same PA school and we can convince Alyson to live with us.
Danielle was the genius behind the fantastic apple crisp we had. Zested lemon, it made the dish. Stephen provided the entertainment and Michael chopped wood in between playing with the baby.
I don't really like hotdogs, but these guys brought some Hebrew National kosher dogs. Delicious. It's all I'm buying from now on.
Like I said, Stephen provided the entertainment. This looks far more dangerous than it is, and I swear there was NO fire danger whatsoever. The key is a VERY VERY LONG exposure on the camera.
It looks pretty awesome doens't it?!
Mother's day was the best day of my life. Tyler made the best breakfast ever- wheat pancakes shaped like hearts with carmel syrup and the best fried egg I've ever had, shaped like a heart. Greek yogurt, my favorite jam on toast and cranberry juice in a champagne glass with constant refills. The kids even behaved during church and Tyler went up to the stand with the girls so they would sing for me (I've anxiously waited 5 years for that moment).
Sunday afternoon Tyler drove me and the kids to Dividend, Utah. Somewhere in them there hills Tyler proposed to me almost exactly 6 years ago. We had out picnic above the lovely town of Tintic in the back of the truck and then went on a walk looking for rocks. We saw a lizard, it was fun.
The day ended with Tyler bathing the girls, getting them ready for bed and then Heidi sneaking back into the bathtub. Tyler did EVERYTHING ALL DAY, it was amazing, best day EVER. I have a lot to live up to come Father's day!


No comments:
Post a Comment