Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Blurb is my hero

I've heard it said that satisfied customers tell on average 3 people about their good experience.  Dissatisfied customers tell 10.  I've decided today to skew that number in the opposite direction because I am a wildly satisfied customer and I want everyone to know.

Awhile back I decided to print my Blog into a book for a variety of reasons.  I researched and found a free site that could easily do this, a company called Booksmart, or Blurb.  Over the past few years I've been slowly working on this project, I wanted everything to be perfect and so I took my time (and a break for months at a time).

Besides using their program for my blog I've made a few other books with them.  Pictures and stories, an odd assortment of things and always come away WILDLY impressed with the quality of print, the speed in which they get my product to me and just the whole company in general.

Well a few months ago I was trying to finish up the first installment of my blog book printing, and the program started to freeze.  I contacted customer service and over the next 2 months they walked me through everything they could think of trying to fix my problem.  2 MONTHS!!!  I've dealt with a lot of customer service and I've NEVER been treated as well as patiently as these guys did.  I've had a lot of companies who never responded to my problem, or tried to brush me off, but these guys went the extra mile, everytime for 2 months!

Well I'm happy to say that not only did they fix the problem, (It wasn't with their program at all, it was because I have over 20,000 pictures in my image library and it was slowing everything down. Oopps!) but they gave me a personalized coupon for 50% off my order!  This from a company that almost NEVER offers coupons (in 3 years I've only seen 1, for 10% off).  I was over the moon when they figured out my problem, but when they hooked me up oh so nicely afterwards, consider me an unofficial spokesman for their cause.

So, if you are looking to get something printed, a story book, a picture book, a blog, anything, check out www.blurb.com
These guys rock.