Last week Alex started dance class and Joy school!!!
Since it's been a rush to get her to Joy School on time I haven't gotten a first day of school picture yet, but she is loving it. I am so excited for our program this year, we have a great group of mom's and kids and we are much more organized!
Alex is a smart kid who catches on to things quickly so I was excited to get her signed up for something structured and fun that I couldn't teach her myself.
I'm not one of those crazy dance mom's I swear. Starting while she was still in my belly and up to a few months ago I planned on making Alex be my violin playing gymnast. But a few months ago it became clear that all this girl wants to do is dance. I gave her the option, dance or gymnastics and despite our visiting a gymnastics gym every friday for month at free play time, she insisted on dance classes.
We found a great dance class for her, from the teacher who taught her Aunt Kara! She will be learning tap, ballet and tumbling and so far she loves it!
There are about 8 kids and gauging from the first class, only 2 seem to want to be there. Each Mom has to come and help their kid since it's the 3 year old class. Some kids throw fits and don't want to be there at all. Some only listen half the time and run around distracted the rest of the time. Alex is the kid with her eyes glued to the teacher, copying everything she does and yelling at me to "Go sit down, I can do it by myself!" I'm kind of proud and kind of sad at the same time.
She just wants to run around in her dance outfit all the time. Heidi just loves the tap shoes.


1 comment:
She looks soooo cute in her ballerina outfit.
Post a Comment