I love pictures, I love taking pictures, and I love being able to capture those perfect moments on camera. It's easier with a digital camera, but I've found it's hard to capture those moments, especially it seems with my own family.
I am cursed when it comes to family pictures, and it's because of this that I'm secretly plotting and saving up to hire a professional to take our family photo this year. Not just any professional, THIS lady. Something about her photographs are so whimsical and lovely like a fairy tale. I figure if I actually pay someone to take our pictures, they sort of have to deliver and get us at least one good shot to take home.
I tried to take the girls pictures today, I've actually been trying for weeks with NO success whatsoever. I dressed them up in white and took them outside, just the three of us.
This was the only moderately cute picture I got of the two of them.
Most turned out like this, neither child looking anywhere near the camera.
We got a few action shots. Thats an entire dandelion in Heidi's mouth.

Heidi rarely stands still anymore, and never obeys my commands to look at the camera.
This is how the shoot ended. Me losing my temper in the front yard, telling the kids to smile and look at the camera or else.

We moved things inside, and with the help of some marshmallows, I was able to get 1 cute picture of Alex. The only other time she smiled the entire shoot was when I told her it was over. She was so gleeful, if only my camera had been turned on.
Monday we went to Temple Square after Tyler interviewed with a Fire Department in SLC.
Alex couldn't get enough of Jesus. She just sat there forever and then begged to go back again and again. It was the moment of the week.
I've decided to take a picture of the girls in front of every temple we see, and then display them on their bedroom wall. So far we have Vancouver Canada, Seattle Washington and Salt Lake City UT. So far in every picture it is raining.

I tried to get Heidi to model the new bib I made her. It's wonderful, it covers her from neck to navel and all the way to the sleeves. Plus she can't rip it off! You can find the pattern HERE.


5 comments:
I love your post. Kids never like their mom to take their picture ask my kids:) I love the idea of the kids in front of the temples you visit.
Though you may not have gotten the pictures you wanted, I think your girls are wearing the cutest dresses in the world.
That picture of Alex in front of the Christus is beautiful! It's totally worth the other billion pictures that didn't turn out!
I agree with Brianna, that Christus photo is really nice.
Post a Comment