This weekend we were bound and determined to suck up every ray of sun that was offered. Tyler and I spend the days landscaping and the girls made plenty of messes and ate their fare share of dirt and rocks.
Our landscaping involved tree disks, so Tyler spent awhile cutting up a tree he had felled earlier at his Grandmother's house, while I flew a kite and the girls ran through puddles.
These two ran back and forth through those puddles until there was hardly any water left.

Alex couldn't believe I was letting her get away with it.


Alex couldn't believe I was letting her get away with it.
It was a beautiful day, warm, but gusty enough to fly a kite. Alex was very excited at the kite idea, until she flew it and realized that unlike the cartoons, in real life kites don't actually make you fly. I caught on to this when she told me something about holding on tight to the kite string and not letting go until she was back on the ground.
It wasn't long before Heidi tripped, and then all hopes of staying dry went out the window. Alex was already soaked from all the splashing she had done.

Watching them reminded me of when I was a kid and the excitement that came with downpours, splashing through puddles, umbrellas and playing in the dirt.

Here's my logger, cutting up something special for me.
It was fun to daydream about all the things I could make with such pretty logs. Tyler did wonderfully at humoring me and trimming things to perfection. I'll post pictures later.
I got a mini muffin pan for Mother's day and will admit that I'm addicted. Everything cooks in 10 minutes!!! Talk about instant gratification. Plus, a normal cake mix will make just about 50 mini cupcakes, enough to share with some neighbors and indulge more than you should. Alex helped. She has become quite a little helper in the kitchen, and not in a bad way. Heidi on the other hand discovered where I keep the pots and pans, and now can be found walking through the house with a frying pan in tow.


Tyler cut up some adorable little chairs for the kids! Heidi loves climbing on and off and standing up. Since they weigh 50 lbs there is no way she can tip them over when she stands up and rocks!!!

Alex is very interested in the idea of gardening this year. She's been planting rocks though, so I think we need to have a lesson and give her a patch of dirt of her own.


No comments:
Post a Comment