Try as I might, I just couldn't cut it down to one picture of Heidi destroying her cake. That is the problem when you take 200 pictures of your child on their birthday, how to you choose?!
We celebrated Heidi's birthday twice. Tuesday, the actual day, we played, slept, ate her favorite foods and then when Daddy got home we celebrated!
Macey's grocery store offers a free birthday cake on your child's 1st birthday! I didn't plan on cashing in, but we were at Macey's, and we walked right by the counter, so I couldn't help it. Poor Alex had a blueberry muffin with dyed whipped cream for her first birthday, Heidi got to destroy and entire cake.
I was so proud of her, we has spent days talking about how it was HEIDI'S birthday, and so Alex would not be getting any gifts. It must have sunken in because she was very well behaved.
Heidi didn't care much for most of her gifts. Alex was more excited about the great book we got her.

She was mildly entertained by the wooden bead toy, but what she LOVED, was the plastic rake Alex picked out specifically for her, after looking at every possible toy, and spending 30 minutes at the doller store. I couldn't believe it, it was all Heidi wanted to play with. Alex knows her sister better than any of us.

Heidi was a bit confused as to our intentions. We usually keep big, potentially messy foods away from her at the table.

Heidi tried to play the "cake" game. Dropping a handful of frosting onto the floor to see if gravity still worked. It did.

This was the moment when I realized that letting Alex pick out the chocolate cake with green frosting might have been a bad idea. You will see why.

Heidi as a pirate.

Alex couldn't believe we were letting Heidi make such a big mess, and wanted in on it.

Alex couldn't believe we were letting Heidi make such a big mess, and wanted in on it.
We couldn't sit by and watch her waste the cake anymore, so we cut ourselves pieces and gave Heidi a chunk as well.


Turns out when you have a chocolate cake, with chocolate, light pink and green frosting, it makes your child look like you painted her camouflage when she is done. I thought it looked army, Tyler said it looked like poop. Either way, not quite what I had pictured when I thought of a cute frosting smeared first birthday picture.

Wednesday we celebrated Heidi's birthday all day long and in the evening had a party with the family. Here is Heidi with her rake.

I still can't believe she is one year old!
I helped Heidi open her gifts from the family, she got all sort of wonderful things, adorable outfits, books, toys and a movie! Alex was in heaven! My sister in laws mother, who we visited in Canada, got the girls these cute bunnies. They are so soft, the girls love them! This is the face Heidi gets every single time she sees that bunny.

It was fun celebrating the birth of our wonderful little girl! She is growing up way too fast.



1 comment:
That cake is amazing, I miss our ward, and you guys!
Post a Comment