Everyone in Utah has been all abuzz about the potential of flooding due to snowpack and rain issues. The river near our house has been rising, but I hadn't really thought that we might be in danger. And then my Mom e-mailed me these pictures of our back yard.
For those of you who have been to our house, this "creek" used to sit about 10 feet below the bridge that is almost covered, on the left side of the picture.

This is just insane. I've suddenly become a bit wary, and decided to move the important things up off the floor at least, and organize things I might need to grab in a hurry.
With all the flooding and tornados in diverse places, I'm thinking it's about time to prepare for Utah's big earthquake.
Here's a picture to give you an idea of what the creek "before" was like.
1 comment:
The flooding is so crazy! I don't think I've ever seen that much rain in MT in a month! And it just keeps coming. Look for the video of the waterfall off the Rims.
Post a Comment