This picture doesn't even do the mess justice. I really don't mind much. Except that I know that everyone else who drives by must think that we are "those people". The ones who have 1 kid, and just can't say no to her, therefore ending up with a million toys. I promise, that's not us.
I look at that picture and I can pick out about 4 toys that are actually ours! The rest belong to all the neighborhood kids who bring them over to play and then they just stay, because whenever anyone wants to play, they come to 'BRADYLAND'!!!! (Thus named because it is squished between our house, and my brother and sister in laws house, both Brady's)
Our house is a bit of chaos, but it's also a lot of fun. I love the afternoons when all the mom's (about 5 of us) gather after nap time and sit to chat while the kids chase the chickens, swing, race cars, and fight. It's the best part about living in a neighborhood. I will be sad when winter comes and the hose gets put away, and all the wonderful outside toys go into storage (although I think I might just love being able to pull up to the kitchen door to unload groceries and kids, instead of parking 20 feet back to accommodate the play zone.)
So this is my disclaimer to everyone who might drive by and judge. Yes my yard is a mess, and yes it looks like we are that family who never cleans their driveway (although I do, everyday). But it's a community effort, and a heck of a lot of fun. People might whisper, and mock, but we are the ones smiling, laughing and playing at BRADYLAND, everyday.
1 comment:
I wish I could play at Bradyland more often! You have a cute place.
Post a Comment