Today, after a fun morning, of parks and groceries, we put Alex down for her nap. I had gotten some advice to try putting the potty chair in her bedroom, that way if she takes her diaper off, she might try and use the potty.
So I tried it.
10 minutes into nap time, I peek in the bedroom to find a bare bottom Alex. Only this time it was so much worse than I had ever imagined.
Picture this.
Alex, squatting in front of the potty chair, with a play cereal bowl sitting neatly on top, a toy spoon in one hand, kiddy tongs in the other, and poop...... everywhere.
I was stunned, I didn't know what to do, but honestly I just tried my hardest to keep myself from laughing! It was disgusting, the smell was terrible, poop was smeared over every inch of the toys (not to mention Alex's hands, legs and bum), but somehow it was hilarious and sort of cute. I guess she was just playing kitchen, and wanted something other than felt and plastic to go in the bowls. I suppose cute might be reserved for if it had been mud instead of poop, but wow.
Luckily Tyler was home from school. We cleaned her up and she promptly fell asleep. One of my less glamorous days, but a good one none the less.
1 comment:
Ewwww..... that's all I can say. I just read that post to my husband, letting him know what we have to look forward to :) Love your guts!
Post a Comment