This weekend was our church's General Conference. Every 6 months the Prophet and other leaders of our church speak in a broadcast that goes all over the world. 4 hours on Saturday and 4 hours on Sunday of wonderful and enlightening talks. This year my favorite was by President Uchdorf, you can listen to the talks given by clicking HERE and selecting the session and speaker you wish to hear. President Uchdorf spoke on the Saturday Morning session, and although I didn't hear a whole lot of that session (thanks to some noisy kids), from what I did hear I LOVED it and felt like so much of it was pointed directly at me.
Tyler and I have decided to make some big changes in our lives after listening to all the council given this weekend. I really hope that we can stick to our guns and complete the goals we have set. I know that my listening to the Prophet and following his words we can find true happiness. I wish that we had the privilege of listening to conference 4 times a year instead of just 2, and not just because of the massive sugar overload and delicious food that always seems to be present that weekend.
So if you have a few minutes and need something to listen to, check THIS out. Because we DO have a living prophet on earth today, and doesn't it just make sense to find out what God is trying to tell us?!!
I have found that the key to sewing ruffles is....
1. Don't look too closely at your finished project
2. Use LOTS of pins
I am very excited to reveal Alex's Halloween costume once it is finished. Actually, I'm excited to reveal everyone's costume, Tyler is even playing along this year! 2 years ago we all dressed as Hotshots (wildland firefighters). Last year Alex was Florence Nightingale, I was a wounded soldier, and I have no idea where Tyler was. This year I'm really hoping to win the ward costume contest. Let's just say collectively our costumes include ruffles, spots, and mustaches.

No comments:
Post a Comment