Saturday, October 23, 2010

Ward Halloween Party!!!

I've known what we were going to be for Halloween for exactly a year, and I've been looking forward to today, for about a year.
Every October our ward has a chili cook off/ halloween costume contest/ trunk or treating party. And every year on that day it rains. For the last 4 years I have entered the chili cook off in our various wards. I/ the Brady girls have never won, but I think we are steadily getting better, even if our chili is always the spiciest (not on purpose I assure you).
Last Halloween while trick or treating, we saw a super mario family. Mario, Luigi and little baby Toad. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. So about 2 months ago I got started on our costumes. It was great because we (or grandma's) had all the materials needed to make our costumes free! I didn't really follow a pattern for any of it, mostly because there wasn't really a pattern for any of it, but I think it actually came together quite nicely.
There happened to be 2 Super Mario families in attendance tonight. The other one was my adorable Visiting Teacher's family so it was a hilarious coincidence. Together we stole the show and took a combined 1st place in the adult costume category!!!! I was stoked!! Alex was adorable Princess Peach who actually wore her crown for a majority of the night. Heidi was the cutest little kid by far in her toad hat and vest. Tyler was a spitting image of Luigi in my opinion, and I looked less creepy in real life.
I think these guys should have won, especially since they threw their costumes together literally 5 minutes before the party. Archie was a little rebel without a cause and rocking that hair.

It was a fantastic night. Alex LOVED the trick or treating portion of the evening. She might be old enough that we can't get away with stealing all her candy this year. The best part of the night was when a guy in a grim reaper costume on stilts showed up. I told Alex not to look at him and she spent the next 10 minutes telling everyone around her "Don't look at the scary man. DON'T LOOK AT HIM."
Yay for our awesome ward and it's wonderful parties!

2 comments:

Eric and Hannah said...

Awesome costumes!

TJ and Stephanie said...

Your costumes turned out AWESOME!!! You did such a good job, I'm impressed!