
I had the greatest childhood ever.
I want desperately for my kids to have the same kids of experiences and fun as I did, I'm just not quite sure how to pull it off.
I have really great memories, of doing really fun things with my family.
I wouldn't change a thing (except maybe put my mom in a few of the pictures. I guess that's the curse of being the family photographer.)
I've always dreamed of living by the ocean and taking my kids on walks down the beach every morning to find shells and treasures.
I don't think I ever will because I'm secretly terrified of the ocean, big lakes and deep rivers and often have nightmares involving sharks.
I currently dream about painting our future home every color of the rainbow, each room being different from the next and the outside sporting some bright blue or hue of yellow.
At the same time think If I ever got the chance then I would hear Tyler's or my mothers voice in my head telling me all the reasons it would be impractical, and probably end up not doing it. I also am terrible at matching things.
I always thought I would have a family of little boys and we would grow up together having crazy adventures, and playing in the dirt.
am very happily surprised with my family of little girls, hope for more, and know that we will grow up together having crazy adventures, and playing in the dirt.
Some of the best moments of my life were spent leaning over a pottery wheel on a bridge over a creek in the mountains.
Tyler bought me a pottery wheel for my birthday the first year we were married, and I am so embarrassed to say that I have still never used it.
The greatest summer of my life was the one just before I met Tyler. I spent the entire 3 months living at Aspen Grove, up in the Mountains and rarely heading down to civilization.
I lived in a tiny trailer with 4 other girls, dressed up like a cowboy on Monday's, an indian on Tuesdays, some kind of hippy on Wednesdays and a newsboy on Thursday. I taught pottery lessons every day and helped older women and young children with their arts and crafts.
I slept in tepee's and general store attics, ate snow cones, won rocking horse races and had clay fights. I hiked to stewart falls almost every week and Timpanogos once. 

I rappelled down a waterfall, swam through an underwater tunnel in a cave, and gave the stomach flu to almost the entire staff.
I made paper rockets for a thousand kids and burnt myself with a glue gun making every single one. I made friends with some of the greatest people on earth, who I can happily say, 5 years later, I am still friends with. That was my Tom Sawyer summer. living the adventure, working hard, having fun. Young and free.

4 comments:
What nice dreams and memories. It sure is fun to look back through old pictures.
I love all those fun pictures! You are such a fun person.
I am just waiting for my hubby to finish a project so I was blog stocking and I was so excited I came across your blog! you'll have to check ours out. Congrats on baby #2. I saw your mom one day and she told me how she was going to see the new baby! WE are about to have our #3 it's a little girl too!
~ Ashley DeMille AKA Ashley Allen~
my blog is carsonandashleydemille.blogspot.com
Hey send me an email and I'll give you my only tips on potty training if you want. they seemed to have worked on my first 2 kids but every child is different.
carsonandashleydemille@gmail.com
what a fabulous post. love the photos:) I sure enjoy a glimpse into your life via your blog. Sure miss you guys.
Post a Comment