Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Asay Family Reunion

Saturday was a full day! We started off with a beautiful wedding ceremony at the Mt. Timp Temple for our cousin Jamie. She was beautiful, and I couldn't believe how intense the love radiating from her husbands face was, it made me tear up. I was so glad both Tyler and I were able to go thanks to Jamie's sister Jerica watching Heidi. Poor Jerica is the go to babysitter for everything always, and she seriously deserves some kind of awesome reward.

Starting at the same time as the ceremony was the Asay family reunion!!! Tyler had a test to take, so the girls and I went without him to a beautiful park in Sandy after the wedding. It was so much fun seeing all those wonderful people. Just about all the memories I have with every single one was from fishing trips in Wyoming as a kid, and it was so fun to reconnect and rem anise. I really liked seeing my grandpa and his brothers interact, they are all so funny, these old cowboys all with a great sense of humor. It really made me want to move to some small town in Wyoming, go on cattle drives, and fish every weekend.
Heidi got to hang out with Grandpa a bit.
I love the stark contrast here. The rough working hands of my Grandpa holding the new soft hands of my baby.
Some of those fantastic Asay women that were so much fun to talk to.
Alex outright refuses to pose for pictures anymore. We caused quite the scene trying to get this one. You might notice Alex is soaked, she decided to go swimming in the ice filled swimming pool used as a cooler, and made sure to shake up all the cans of soda put there. It was 103 degrees in her defense.
My little portable heater behaved very well and was a doll as always.
When we couldn't take the heat anymore and things were starting to wind down, all the Aunts and Uncles and kids headed to Aunt Susie, and Uncle Jim's house for a BBQ of sorts.
Aunt Susie is about 70 times worse than Alex's grandma's when it comes to giving her sugar! Here she is finishing off a brownie piled quite high with whipped cream and strawberries. This was after she ate the popcicle, and before she ate half a piece of cake. You can tell she doesn't get sugar that often.
I don't know if I've ever laughed as hard as I did when Alex and her cousin Ellie emerged from the house all dressed up.
The picture doesn't do it justice, you should have seen her walking across the lawn, it was so funny.
She probably would have worn it forever, but she went back inside, only to emerge later.....
The greatest part was that the kid who won't wear a hat for more than 30 seconds kept the wig and crown on for a good 30 minutes!
Aunt Susie's house is a lot of fun. In fact, all my Aunts and Uncles are a lot of fun.

I'm glad I married into the Brady family, but I wouldn't want to have been born anything other than an Asay.

No comments: