Thursday, March 11, 2010

My 2 year old teenager

Alex is really starting to talk and understand what people say. We can hold conversations with her now, which are usually hilarious. For example....

The other night I was getting Alex in her PJ's when she started to kick my belly. I gave her a light slap on the knee to get her to stop and she said in a very serious and scolding tone "NO HIT KNEE".
I replied, humbled, "Ok, I won't hit your knee but you can't kick mommy's belly, deal?"
Alex responded "NO DEAL!"
Tyler laughed histarically in the other room.

Some of her new phrases she incorporates randomly into conversation include "No way dude", "Awesome!!" "Hey you" and "Cute!" After expressing confusion over where she picked these words up Tyler told me " you should listen to yourself talk on the phone Kristen."

2 comments:

Brianna said...

No way dude! reminds me of Michelle on Full House =)

natalie spratling said...

They do say the funniest things. Once when Parker was 2 a Dr. said to Parker, open up, I need to look in your mouth and he said right out, "I don't think so". They truly speak their mind. He did then and he continues to today.