Thanksgiving was wonderful, especially since we did not have to travel AND got to see my family! We spent the holiday at my brother's house in Highland, and had a great time of food, games and just being together. Friday we decided to get a real Christmas tree (I was very excited) and so we drove to Price for a permit and then halfway back for a tree. My uncle and cousin came along, as well as my Mom, 2 brothers, husband, baby and dog. The drive was nice and tree hunting was fun (although very much different than tree hunting in Montana). We came home with a beautiful tree picked out by Tyler (the only one of us 3 able to climb the mountain high enough to get to the evergreen trees), and even got to help decorate Michael's tree (also found very high on the mountain). Now our house smells wonderful and I have lovely twinkling lights to look at.
Last week was Tyler's last day of Paramedic school classes!!! He has done extremely well in class and on his tests, I am so proud to say that he is the top of the class having had the highest grades! My awesome husband is brilliant, and I always knew that, but for him to be number 1 in a class the instructors have said is one of the best and most competitive ever, makes me quite, quite, quite proud. It has been quite the semester, and I would like to think it is going to be downhill from here, but I am being led to believe that clinicals are going to be 10 times as bad. Tyler will get a couple weeks off of school and then be thrust into 4 months of shifts in the ER, Ambulance and Fire department. Unfortunately for Alex and I, these places don't really work on a 8-5 schedule. BUT, luckily for us, we have lots of family really close that are already WAY to generous with the dinner invites, babysitting, and just letting us hang out with them.
Tyler is so excited about clinicals. His first week involves a 48 hour shift at the fire department followed by another 48 hour shift at another fire department and then I think a 12 hour shift at some hospitals labor and delivery. I am secretly happy that Tyler is getting training in the delivery of babies, just in case.
In other news, Kate and I have discovered a few FANTASTIC recipe's and I plan on posting the pictures and recipes soon for all to enjoy.
2 comments:
Way to go Tyler!!!
Yay for twinkling lights to look at, and for Tyler being done with classes!
Post a Comment