Friday, October 17, 2008

My productive summer

At the beginning of the summer i mentioned that one of my goals was to finish this T-shirt picnic blanket quilt I had started. Well, nearly 6 months later, I am done!!!!!!!!! It was hard and frustrating, but it feels so wonderful to be finished, right as picnic weather has gone. Ta Da! It is so soft and wonderful. We tried it out yesterday.




In the midst of finishing my quilt i got preoccupied with a variety of other projects.

The care bear......

While making this i got so much fake fur up my nose I gave myself a sinus infection.


The quiet book........



This was a lot of fun to make, but now that i'm done, Alex has already lost half the Velcro shapes to half the pages.


The stuffed birds for a mobile I'll finish later.....






I made a bunch of these for Kate for her baby shower, They are so easy and they look great! Tyler likes throwing them.

The hardcover journals.......



Kate and I saw these at a farmers market and decided that we could do that. So we went to DI and bought a bunch of old hard cover books, and then found out no one in town would bind them for us. Finally a nice lady at Staples tried it and it worked!!! All we did was take out the middle pages of the book, add our own paper, and now we have cool hardcover spiral drawing pads or journals that are disguised as something else!

The Alice dolls......


These are actually called Black Apple dolls, but when I finished making one for Alex, i was taken aback at how much they reminded me of my friend Alice. So I renamed them Alice dolls, and Alice yes I made one for you, It is in a box waiting to be put in the mail, right now.


The wrap skirts........ Which I will add pictures later.
There was the portable wet wipe cover.... Also will add later.
There was also the bread making and cooking phase, that took up a lot of time and that I don't have many pictures of, but it was delicious.

3 comments:

Amesynth said...

Kristen!!! so many things to comment on... First the bonnet. LOVE IT! ha that is the cutest thing ever! I love the one with her "signature face". Absolutely adorable. And your blanket's done! Wow. It looks like so much fun. I wish I could see it up close.. I couldn't tell if your "Haunted Bookstore" shirt was in there or not.. That was always one of my favorite shirts of yours. Your quilt idea is fabulous and I might have to steal it...? I still have all my old t-shirts too and it's like, I don't want to throw them away, but I don't want to wear them either... so right now they're just taking up valuable storage space in a tote.. And a care bear??! That's awesome! It seriously looks like one you can get in a store. Very professional looking! And.. the quiet book!! This is seriously amazing. I can't believe you made that! I had no idea you were so crafty!! These are the type of things she's going to look back on and treasure forever (or at least the one's you /hope/ she will..) And the birds are fun. I was kinda skeptical, until I saw them on the branches. Then it made sense. And once again, they are awesome. It's much more unique and therefore way better than anything you could buy at a store. What else.. oh the journals are a really cool idea. I like them a lot!! And... the Alice dolls!!! LOVE IT! haha. Can't wait for mine to arrive!! Funny that they should remind you of me, cuz as of right now that's actually pretty close to what my hair looks like: short and black. Awesome!! haha..

K that was the most ridiculously long comment in the history of comments.. and now my cereal is mush... And now for a really ridiculously long email!! woot.

xoxo

TJ and Stephanie said...

You are so crafty! I love all your projects. I wish I took the time to make more things. I love the mobile, at the shower I wasn't picturing it to turn out like that... I love it! I think I need to get the pattern from you and make one for mysefl :)

MountainMama said...

I had no idea you are so craft!