Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Moving and Bed appreciation

So this weekend Tyler and I are going to pack up for the 5th time, and actually move to Montana. It hasn't really hit yet, and I'm not even thinking about it until Tyler is done with work.
This summer has been crazy. With Tyler gone firefighting all the time, I was planning on moving to Montana in August, until the end of the fire season, this Friday! Well, it didn't happen like that, and Alex and I have been in Utah instead. Since Ben and Kate moved in, (when we fake moved out) and will be here for awhile, Alex and I moved into the smaller bedroom while they set up in the bigger one. Not a problem at all, we are only there when we sleep anyways. Since Alex is in a crib now, we got rid of the queen size bed and set up a twin so they both could fit in the same room. While this sounds awful, it's not so bad. I've decided that it is preparing us for our road trip when we opt to save money and sleep in the back of the x-terra.
So, a few weeks back Tyler and I were in bed one night after he had just returned from a fire. Alex started her "hungry" cry and I started to roll over to get up and get her. Now when Tyler is gone, I sleep in the middle of the bed, with a good foot on each side. With Tyler here I forgot to adjust for the lack of space, and immediately rolled Off the bed. This would not have been bad, but our over sized cement nightstand caught the upper half of my body, and there I was, my legs on the ground and the rest of me jammed in the crack. This was my favorite twin bed experience. I will never take a queen bed for granted again ever.

2 comments:

Pallas said...

Oh that is so funny! I am sure going to miss you guys!!! Thanks for Halloween invite! I am actually going to go out with some friends...as much as I LOVE my family, I kinda have to stick with the "singletons" and live it up! haha...no but I hope you all have fun and let me know for sure when you are leaving! It will be so fun to keep in touch with you on this!!! LOVE YOU!

natalie brady said...

Oh my gosh! I can't even imagine! I complain to sam all the time that our queen bed is too small, and as soon as he graduates we are getting a king bed. I need my space when I sleep!