We got super lucky for Halloween this year and got to have Annie, Archie and Kate come visit for a week! Things slowed down a bit after 4 days of nonstop fun, junk food and late nights, and we got
to relax and enjoy the last few days as though they were never leaving.
Halloween was a day of candy. We took the kids to Grandma's office trick or treat party and then went straight to Grandma Jake's for pizza. After that we ran home to get coats and head around the block. Heidi and Annie made it about 6 houses before they went home and Grandpa and I took Alex and Archie around the rest of the neighborhood.
Heidi and Tyler had spent the evening grazing through Heidi's candy and watching "Strawberry Shortcake" cartoons. She was so exhausted she only ate about 3 M&M's.
The rest of the week was just full of cousin fun. We hung out with friends, and went to parks, visited DI and watched movies.
The kids got along really well the whole time and surprised everyone!
Saturday, while Tyler was in Pennsylvania interviewing for a spot in Chatham Universities PA program, I watched all the kids so Ben and Kate could go to their friend's wedding.
I was the Mom walking around temple square pregnant, with 4 kids running around me.
Luckily they were so well behaved and could be counted on to stop everything when a Bride would walk by.
Annie was the little charmer that loved on everyone and made us feel like she had never left. I might actually have a shot at favorite Aunt with this one.
We finished the week off by celebrating Archie's 4th Birthday!
I don't think I thanked him for requesting a giant chocolate Costco cake, and then leaving half of it behind when he went home to Arizona.
Heidi loved to baby Annie, and Annie loved being a big girl.
There was also lots of fun Grandma and Grandpa time.
We were sad to see them go, but so happy they had come to visit! It wasn't too hard to say goodbye seeing that we are driving to Arizona for Thanksgiving this year!
Just after the cousins left, we got our first real snow of the season. We weren't super prepared. And yes, I let my kids play outside looking like this. I felt a lesson needed to be learned about snow and appropriate clothes, and there were no other adults around to stop me.
It snowed all Friday and the next morning we woke up to a winter wonderland, complete with broken trees all over the neighborhood. The girls and I spent the morning listening to Christmas music and playing in the snow, while Tyler walked the neighborhood with his chainsaw fixing trees.
Heidi spent a good 20 minutes sitting at the window admiring all the snow, it was adorable!



1 comment:
love the one red boot. and the pictures of Heidi looking at all of the snow; she has a way of channeling my thoughts and heart:)
Post a Comment