.JPG) |
| Wedding Day. November 18th, 2006. |
So it's our 6th wedding anniversary. Today Alex brought me a piece of paper- on it was written the words, Mom, Dad, Alex and Lizzy. Not a bad Anniversary gift, a reminder of all the blessings that have sprung from that wonderful day 6 years ago. We are well on our way to marital bliss- although still figuring out this family thing a day at a time. We enjoy a bright 4 year old who is learning how to write and a spunky 2 year old on the edge of potty training success, not to mention another little girl on the way! Looking back it seems like we have been married for more like 10 years, we have been through a lot, grown a ton and ended up on a different path than we envisioned for ourselves in the beginning. We've learned a lot of things the hard way, and are in no way close to "keeping up with the Jones", but we are happy and finally feel like we are close to growing up.
 |
| 1st Anniversary- Denver roadtrip- I was 5 months pregnant and barely showing- we were both going through a terrible haircut phase. |
Here's to a husband who is finally starting to realize that I am actually hilarious after all. Who wakes up at 5 to drive to work and returns home exhausted, but still wrestles and rilles up the kids for a solid hour before bedtime. Who understands (or at least pretends to understand) that pregnancy women (or at least this one) don't like to be kissed, or hugged, touched or looked at and expect the Sun and the Moon plus a foot rub on top of working and being the perfect Dad. A guy who respects the fact that it's not a party, or a date, book club or bedtime unless there is food involved. And that no matter how many boys we may have after this 3rd little girl- his life, his decisions and his definition of fun- will always be ruled by his women.
 |
| 2nd Anniversary- Road trip to Oregon. Alex was 8 months old- we were still adventurous. |
 |
| 3rd Anniversary- Got to overnight without the kid! Went to exotic Heber for 15 hours. I was 3 months pregnant with Heidi- this begins the years of no pictures of us together. |
Happy 6th Anniversary Tyler. We're getting old.
 |
| 4th Anniversary- Both of us were sick. We bought a wood burner and stole away for the night to make a growth chart for the kids. Ordered domino's. |

Friday we celebrated by getting Grandma and Grandpa to babysit while we made grand plans. We went to the grocery store to pick up some bubbly for our chinese take out dinner that we planned on eating on the floor while watching a move, after doing some sealings at the temple on Friday night. The man at the checkout stand asked us why we were all dolled up. We informed him it was our anniversary and he said "I've got 2 pieces of advice for you. 1. Happy Wife, happy life. 2. Never go to bed angry with each other." I looked over at Tyler and said "You remember that first one and we won't have to worry about the second." We enjoyed the temple, sort of enjoyed the chinese food and I fell asleep during the movie on the couch. I think I've either been pregnant or had a small child for each of our anniversaries- kind of looking forward to the stage of life where anniversaries are celebrated by weekends away, mini vacations and fancy meals.
 |
| 5th Anniversary- Drove to SLC and did sealings at the temple after we ate philly steak sandwiches at a dive we had seen on Food network. Didn't even get a picture of either of us in that month. |
 |
| Didn't do a good job getting pictures of the kids either. |
Well, the month isn't up yet so there is still time for Tyler and I to break the trend and not only take pictures of ourselves, but perhaps even get one together. I'm 5 months pregnant and showing a LOT more then I did 3 kids ago and my hair is no longer awkward (at least I don't think so- we will check back in 5 years and find out).
No comments:
Post a Comment