So i've reached the eye of the storm as far as pregnancy goes. Smack dab in the middle when everything seems ok for a minute, but you aren't out of the hurricane yet. It seems it took a while longer than normal to feel "completely" better from the months of nausea but life is so much better now. While 2 months ago I was swearing this was my last child and I'd NEVER go through morning sickness again, My eroding brain has forgotten the agony of constantly feeling like I'm going to throw up, and my lower back, tailbone, and bladder have not yet entered into constant aching, can't sit, have to pee always mode.
Well my bladder isn't completely free, Snowflake does like to kick it all the time, and I'm serious when I say kick, or maybe it's head butting. I'll have these moments when I just have to hold still while all 10 inches of her seem to be stretching out as far as she can and rolling over at the same time. This is especially unpleasant when Heidi is simultaneously climbing on my back wrapping her fingers in my hair- Alex is yelling for my attention and Tyler is trying to have a conversation with me- while we are eating dinner. I've recently come to the horrific realization that the morning 'sickness/ labor and delivery' part of the child's life seems like it might actually be the easiest. Let's just say we are in the middle of potty training a 2 year old and attitude readjusting a 4 year old- everything is bleak right now.
I've fallen off the blog wagon because I no longer take pictures! We never leave the house now that it's cold and we are constantly car-less, and not much pops up in every day house life to photo document anymore. It's taking my 1000 picture a month average way down.
I'm much calmer about baby 3 now that I know it's another girl. They are super dramatic, but they can play so quietly when they want. Alex has dubbed her Snowflake and won't take no for an answer. It might just stick as a nickname. Heidi is always rubbing her face on my belly and Alex keeps asking when it's going to get flat again. Both of them seem quite amused that my belly button looks like a nose, and their little fists can disappear into my flab. The other day Heidi whipped up my shirt, started poking my belling and laughing uncontrollably like a little drunk child while rubbing her hands all over it. It was the oddest and most hilarious thing ever.
We had the official medial ultrasound yesterday and things are looking good. Her profile is different from that of my other girls and she seems to have her cousin Bridger's lip and chin from what I can tell. Every time I take Tyler to the doctor's office, or delivery room the nurses start out talking to me and explaining things like they would to a 5 year old. I sit there feeling in control of the situation and my body. Then Tyler let's on that he's medically trained and knows all about anatomy, and suddenly they start talking over me using big words and terms that mean nothing to me. I suddenly morph into the 5 year old, completely dependent on Tyler to fill me in later on what the heck was said. I think I may just have to relent and start reading those giant paperweight textbooks Tyler leaves around the house so I can feel like an adult again.
I discovered that it was worth it to buy stylish maternity clothes early on in this pregnancy. It's nice to be able to feel beautiful and huge at the same time. I am slowing down though, and trying to resist the 9 month waddle that my body is forcing my into. I feel like my heart is pumping sludge sometimes, and occasionally get lightheaded. There was an evening last week in which I overindulged in deliciousness and could literally feel my belly stretching and ripping. Not as cool as it sounds. We are over the hump now and I'm pretty sure the next 4 months are going to fly by!
This is what I overheard while writing this post....
Alex- "I have a secret Heidi, you can never ever tell anyone. Only your friends. Not Mom and Dad, only your friends and your cousins.
Heidi- " Ok, never tell my friends."
Ales- "Yes, you can tell your friends. When you are in preschool and you have to go potty, raise up two fingers to tell Mrs. Thibault."
No comments:
Post a Comment