I didn't get any pictures of Valentines Day, but we had a great time. Tyler and I decided that everytime we have plans or expectations for a holiday- it's fails or someone is ill. So we celebrated independently, Tyler at school with his homework, and I with the kids.
Tyler did let me sleep in for a half hour and make me and Alex breakfast in bed. Later I was able to help out a friend and babysit her kids for a couple hours, then make granola bars with Kate. After Alex and Archie returned from Joy School we grabbed our homemade valentines and went to the care center where Grandpa Archie is recovering from a fall. We got to see him and Grandma Norma for a bit until the kids were stir crazy. All the older ladies went nuts over our little parade of kids and Kate and I decided we need to go back more often. We took another valentine to Grandma Jake and then came home for a little down time before dinner. After dinner Alex and I went to babysit for Kate and Ben while they went on a date to the Temple. We made pink heart rice krispy treats and watched "Cars 2" and played. The evening ended with me muscling a sleeping Archie into bed and laying on the couch playing virtual zoo on the Nook with Alex. Didn't see a lot of Tyler, but it was a day full of love and family and fun. Ever since Alex has been on a Valentine kick, and we have been making cards just about every day to give away.
On Wednesday I got to babysit my new nephew!
I had a few helpers, so even if he hadn't slept the entire time, I think we would have been fine.Heidi has been fighting naps with a vengeance. Last week I decided that she really needed a nap no matter what. After an eternity of listing to her talk to herself in the crib I went down to get her and found this. Turns out I was a few minutes late.
Alex is constantly telling me. "I just want to be a Mom!"
Her favorite activity is feeding Bridger a bottle. It is quite cute to watch.
Heidi likes Bridger, but only when she is in a good mood and I'm not holding him. Turns out child number two is a bit possessive. Heidi will run across the room and grab onto my legs yelling "No, MY Mommy" if Alex addresses, or even looks at me during one of her moods.
We spent the weekend up in Highland. My Mom was in town to see her first Grandson and David got to come along so we had a whole weekend of Asay love.
We spent Friday taking a tour of BYU campus for David (it made me want to go back!). We had a great dinner at The Cracker Barrel and then a night of 'Just Dance' and 'Super Mario'. It was a night of laughing and reminiscing.
Saturday was full of walking. The weather was so nice, we walked to the Highland library then the grocery store. In the afternoon we visited the Bean Museum Photo Contest and met up with my Uncle and a couple of cousins. The rest of the day involved Krispy Kreme, Pizza, Pictures and napping on the couch.
Sunday was a lay around day. We had a great meal compliments of Mom, and even got a family picture in!
Tyler was great the entire time, acting as sole parent most of the time so I could goof around and talk with my family.
It was pretty humorous trying to get a picture of the family. We were using the timer on my camera and so I had to push the button, wind through the group to the top of the stairs, grab Heidi as she tried to escape, con her into looking at the camera and smile. Whew!
It's always fun being with family, and sad to say goodbye. I'm so fortunate that 7 of the 9 are here in Utah for me to enjoy whenever I want. Playing Nintendo with my brothers brought back memories and it's fun to make new memories and talk to my brothers about Prom, Photographey and kids. I'm glad that we've been able to make that transition from angry teenagers to friends as adults and I hope we can live close and let our kids grow up together.










No comments:
Post a Comment