Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Move

I really don't like moving. Luckily since we got married, Tyler and I have only moved twice. This was the third move and the one that convinced me that we really, really, really have too much stuff. By "stuff" I mean, clothes, shoes, food, really anything that requires more than a box to relocate.
I realize I've been a bit cryptic about where exactly we are moving to. You see, admitting to all your friends who own homes, multiple cars, entertainment systems, and smart phones, that you are moving into your parent-in-laws basement for a while while you save up so your husband can go to more school, is a bit......... well, fill in your own blank here.
Ben and Kate were the previous occupants, doing roughly the same thing, and when they decided to move out, we decided to move in. Last week they had gone on vacation and had so graciously packed up all their things and moved them to the garage before they left, so we could start moving in while they were gone.
It took the entire week, load by load to transport most of our stuff into the basement, cringing at each load how much junk we had accumulated in the 2 years we lived in our little home. When Ben and Kate arrived home, with plans to move directly to their new place the next day, they found out that their apartment deal had fallen through. This is the part of the story where Ben and Kate had to live out of their suitcases in the living room, while we all played musical beds and couches and Alex and Archie fought nonstop for the next 4 days.
I am happy to say that Ben and Kate are now surrounded by boxes in a new happy house, and we have almost nearly finished moving and cleaning our old house. As crazy as it has been for us, I feel bad for Ma and Pa Brady who have spent the last few weeks helping move 3 of their 4 kids to new places! And I thought MY back hurt.
So that's where we've been. Someday when I have the energy to pick up the camera again, I'll post pictures of something.

1 comment:

Joe and Renee Williams said...

oh man that sounds like some craziness!!!! So where did Kate and Ben end up moving to then? I wish my mom would have let us move back in so many times, but she always said she would never let us move in with her once we had a family so I never dared ask.