Monday, August 16, 2010

Fridays in the summer

Alex has become particular about the clothes she wears. Unfortunately she has not yet learned how to match. This means half the time she looks like a beautiful little girl, and half the time she looks like a mismatched little orphan boy.
This was one of the good days.
Our driveway is a happening place. The front yard is quite nice, but we live on a busy road and I don't yet trust Alex not to run out in traffic on a whim. Therefore we play in the drive way with the car parked to block the kids from the road. Because all our toys are located on the driveway, our house looks like it's a continual yard sale with the slides, sandbox, chairs, bikes and cars gathered at the end. It also attracts the neighbor kids.
Fortunately Alex loves all our neighbor boys, and loves it when I babysit them, or they drop by unexpectedly to show off a spiderman costume or a special toy.
I like having the "fun" house, where all the kids want to gather. Even if chasing them all around and playing referee gives me high blood pressure.
Heidi loves to sit and watch the kids play. She is the most patient, unassuming baby I've ever met. I love her dearly.
Alex is a goofball.
I love her too.

1 comment:

Gwen Crockett said...

Sounds like a fun driveway. Glad you guys have been having a fun summer.