Thursday, February 4, 2010

January

I had all these random things I wanted to post about, that never got written before our trip, so here is the last month in summary.......
Kate and I decided that for Susan (our mother in law)'s birthday, we would make a felt fort for her grandkids. It was a labor of love and was pretty fun to make although it took about the entire month of January to get it done. Now that her birthday is come and gone I can finally post the pictures of the final project!

I had bought double of all the fabric so I could make one for my kids, but I think I'm going to need a few months break before I start that project again.
Before our trip to Montana, Alex and I had the treat of a few great weeks of seeing Tyler all the time. We made sure to have lots of fun while we could. One of the first things we did was go and visit the L. Bean Museum here in Provo. Alex enjoyed it and I enjoyed watching her and Tyler play around.
I love this picture! Other than the slightly creepy animal heads watching them, it just shows how cute of a dad Tyler is, and how whimsical Alex is. I love my family SO much!!!
Another cute one, because Alex is clinging to Tyler.

Another day we got to visit Temple Square and eat at this really great Italian Pizza place in SLC. It is the closest thing to authentic Italian pizza I have ever found in the USA, and it was fantastic!! Alex wasn't quite herself all day, and that night she was up all night burning with a high fever, but even so it was a great day.


So one day I was able to get Alex to hold still long enough to braid her hair. This was the best picture she would let me get.

And finally, the day we were set to leave for Montana, it dumped snow like crazy everywhere. We had to wait the roads out, but in the meantime we set out to have some fun and Tyler made the coolest snowman ever. He eventually took the creepy bug arms out even though I wanted them to stay (he said the neighbors would think we were really weird).

I am secretly jealous at how amazingly photogenic Archie is. Perhaps Alex will grow back into it.

Here was the beautiful view out of my in laws living room window one Saturday morning.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

That is the most amazing fort ever!!