Thursday, February 18, 2010

February

For Family Home Evening this week we all wrote letters to my brother Stephen who is serving a mission for the LDS church in Sao Paulo Brazil. Alex opted to draw a picture instead, and it was very cute.

Here is my 29 weeks pregnant shot.
Alex quite enjoying coloring a masterpiece for Stephen.
For part of our Valentines Day celebrations we tagged along with Grandma and Grandpa on a drive around the dike by Utah Lake to take pictures. Alex loved dropping rocks in the water.
If you ignore the trash in the lake, it's sort of a pretty area.

I love it when Tyler gets Alex dressed. He has given up even remotely trying to match her socks, so when he dresses her she ALWAYS is mismatched. I just thought she looked so cute here. This is also the first time she was able to get a coat on by herself. It was upside-down, but she didn't care.
Last week Kate, Tyler, the kids and I, all had spring fever, so we decided to have a picnic at the park.
We took the dog and Tyler taught the kids how to walk her.
We had some good snacks.
The reason the kids look like they are freezing, is because it happened to start snowing about 5 minutes after we got there. We decided to stick it out though and I'm glad we did, it was so much fun.

Earlier in the week we had walked to another park, this time Kara came along as well. Alex's new favorite park activity is trying to balance on the tiny retaining walls. It was cute.
She just loves spending anytime she can with her daddy.
I can't believe my little baby is big enough to swing by herself!
Kara snagged a great family portrait for us. "Great" in reference to pictures these days is a relative term which means that at least 2 of the 3 of us looks mostly good.
Kara is such a great Aunt, and was so cute with the little kids at the park. Alex loved the extra attention.
This is a shot of how most of our playground dates have ended this winter. Alex and Archie will play and play until they absolutely can not stand another second of cold fingers anymore and then they bawl the entire way home. This was that moment. (and yes we take gloves, which they refuse to wear).
Alex smiling for the camera.

Alex and Daddy on the slide in the back yard.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

She is so cute and big! And you look great for being 29 weeks! Hope you are doing great.

Aaron and Megan said...

Aw Kristen you look adorable! Love the family picture so cute and the one af little Alex swinging all by herself. She is much braver then my baby! I want to see you!

Gwen Crockett said...

Such good pictures! I love the ones by Utah Lake. Your hair is getting so long. It is pretty. Did you make that crayon holder? That looks like such a good idea.

Molly and Jay said...

Your tummy is so cute! Looks like you guys had fun!

natalie spratling said...

The picture of Utah lake is quite pretty, I love all the photos. 29 weeks, not too much longer, you look fabulous! My sister Eve is also counting down..5 more weeks. Tell Tyler great job, I think Alex looks colorful! just being dressed is all that matters:) You