Monday, October 12, 2009

Return of the wasps

I can happily tell you that items 1-4 on the list from my previous post, have been taken care of. Number 5 though, has me convince that they will have to burn down our house to get rid of the little monsters.

After the landlord cemented the wasps into the wall, it turns out that they survived. Now that their previous means of escape had turned into a dead end, they decided to start exploring and their search turned them right out into Alex's room. Yes, so for the last 3 days I have been finding wasps everywhere, in the bathroom, in Alex's room, in the carpet, and in the hall. My brave husband has killed dozens and finally today the landlord called an exterminator who came and sprayed the OUTSIDE of the house after claiming he found our how they were getting in the house, a hole by the BATHROOM window. I am slightly upset about this, seeing as they are INSIDE our house in the BABY's room, not the bathroom. So until this all gets resolved Alex is once again sharing our room. I think the landlord is just trying to hurry and fix the problem, at least he is doing something, but I'm afriad of what happens in the spring when all the eggs in the wall start to hatch and this turns into a horror movie.

Luckily Ben, Kate and Archie are back and so now Alex and I have people to hang out with now that we are trying to avoid being home. Alex is TERRIBLE at sharing, and poor Archie never gets to play with any toys. She shares with adults just fine, but rips everything out of Archie's hands and throws a fit when we try to make her share.

I would love any advice anyone might have on how to teach a 18 month old how to share.

1 comment:

Tyson & Rebecca Sloan (Mr. Incredible & his sweetheart) said...

You have summed up my life in four simple steps (thankfully number 5 on your list does not apply). I desparately wish ignoring would make it go away!