Yes, we are pregnant. Due May 1st.
I was going to hold out and wait forever to make the big announcement, but I think it is easier to understand the stresses going on in our house, if you know that I am currently in the "super smell" stage of pregnancy.
RECAP: We had wasps building a home in our walls, missing screens and a constantly dripping faucet. Called landlord who came and fixed the faucet and cemented the wasps escape hole. Wasps started to escape INTO the house (LOTS of them) and landlord called exterminator. Exterminator came and sprayed. Wasps have thinned out, only found a few since. About the same time as the hole was sealed, our bathroom started to REAK. I thought it was mold since there is no fan in the bathroom and we can't open the window because there is no screen, and the wasps would come in. We cleaned hardcore, Smell got worse, and was traced to a hole in the wall under the sink.
This smell is like nothing in the world you can imagine. I can not walk past the bathroom because it makes me gag, I have to hold my breath, run into the bathroom, go to the bathroom and run out while taking frantic gasps into a rag, because it smells so bad. My father in law (who is not pregnant and therefore does not have the curse of the super smell) walked in to check it out, and gaged and left. This is how bad it is. I am starting to hate our house. All these things would suck under normal circumstances, but especially during the nauseated, curled in a ball on the floor, can't feed my own child let alone myself, stage of life.
The consensus is mold or mildew or moisture in the wall, so hopefully the landlord won't cut corners figuring this one out, or take his time. Yes my personal hygiene is suffering as showering in that bathroom is pretty much out of the question at this point. The good news is we are past the 3 month mark and I'm starting to feel a lot better, even if poor Tyler still has to stay an arms length away at all times. We are very excited, Tyler is convinced it's a boy, and overall, life is still good.
6 comments:
oh kristen! i'm sorry you are so sick!
So happy for you,and you can come to my house anytime if you want a shower:) Ihope youget feeling well soon and the bathroom smell gets fixed. Umm we still have yet to get together.
Oh dearie I am sooo sorry! On a good note we are due at the same time (ok May 2nd, but close enough!) Now I know why you were summing up my life! I feel exactly like 'the curled up on the floor unable to feed my child or myself' I need to hire you to write my life story!
Your mom, She is such a proud grandma, told me a while ago. Just wanted to wait until you made it offical. We are so excited for you guys. Alex will love being a BIG sister. hope you get the smell taken care of. Your mom said she had a fabulous weekend with you guys. Hope to see you guys soon.
AHHHH! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! Drop me a line sometime and let me know how everything in good old Provo (Orem?) is going. I hope you feel better soon!!!
I am sorry that you are sick, but so excited that you are pregnant! That is great news! I hope you get feeling better!
Post a Comment