Thursday, July 30, 2009

What a Saturday


Last week Stephen left for Brazil. It was sad to see him go, but it was fun having the family together again. We all went out for dinner and Tyler and I decided to give Alex a lemon slice to see her expression. Alex ate that thing like an orange slice, all the way to the rind without a blink of an eye. I think she will fit in just fine back at the Brady's.
Night before Stephen flew to Brazillian MTC

Saturday we went canoeing! Alex was a big help in putting the canoe up on the car.



Alex and Ashes are very good friends, it's so cute watching them play together.

Unbeknown st to everyone else, I arranged this picture so I would look like I was the tallest with the camera angle and such. Didn't quite work out, but normally I am pathetically small compared to my husband and "little" brother.

Alex just wanted to be IN the water the whole time. We went swimming last week and she LOVED it. So Tyler let her walk out as far as she wanted, and she got about to her armpits before she started rethinking it. crazy kid.

After about 5 minutes, the only way we could keep Alex in the canoe, was by letting her drag her hand in the water. (I had a secure hold on her legs and lifejacket the entire time).

Saturday we also had a Pioneer breakfast to celebrate Pioneer day. I dressed Alex up like a pioneer and she got to ride in a handcart in the "parade" at the church parking lot.
You can kind of see her adorable braids here. I have found that by watching the African Alphabet song on Youtube with Alex on my lap, that she hold still barely long enough for me to put 2 little braids in her hair.


Alex really loves dogs. This one was at the parade and she loved it until it was in her lap. Saturday we also went to visit our friends with the great dane and the rat terrier. She could barely duck and walk under the great dane who was probably 2 feet taller than her, and the terrier kept jumping up on her back. She was so brave and didn't mind at all being accosted by those 2 dogs as well as Ashes. The rest of the night Alex walked around trying to catch the terrier. It would let her get close enough to "grab" it's back and then scamper a few steps ahead. It was hilarious. That dog was about the size of her stuffed animals so she was just enamored with it.

No comments: